Thursday 5 January 2012

So I'm here

I've been persuaded to start up a blog to share some photos. After many years I've been drawn back into an enthusiasm for rail. Some time ago my father had a wonderful N Gauge model railway based around Exeter in the UK. Unfortunately it ended up sitting idle as he ran out of time to devote to it, and I was busy with high school. It ended up being dismantled after we moved to our current house as there was no room to store it, let alone use it. Fortunately all the rolling stock and engines were saved and stored.

In 2008 I graduated from university with a Bachelor of Music degree and started working as a Percussion tutor at Central Coast Conservaotorium, and for the last four years my life has been music, music and more music. Aside from work, my spare time was devoted to playing music - I have been playing/performing in Orchestras, Brass Bands, Musical Theatre, Choirs but now it seems timely to find a hobby that isn't musical. Fortunately, a chance discovery of a mutual interest with some existing friends has meant that I'm finding a hobby in railway modelling and train spotting.

So, since that re-awakening, I've been doing plenty of spotting and photography which I will share here. I've also started planning to revive dad's old model, although I definitely won't be rebuilding his old layout! Besides, I don't really have space to do that at the moment.

I will start putting up some photos soon :) In the meantime, visit my two rail mad friends, Ben at bm3801.blogspot.com and Greg at nswgrtraintracker.blogspot.com.

Cheers
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment